Sunday, April 11, 2010

A week of stims

CD: 9
ST: 7

Not a lot going on. I had acu again last night - 3 hours but I felt awesome afterwards. I saw my regular acu as well as her son who does PT and acu and works in conjunction with my acu for the fertility program. Not sure why I never thought about it sooner but I think he's going to be able to help with the random trapped fluid. I'll go back on Tuesday to see him. I have my next u/s on Monday so we'll see how much things have progressed. My acu suggested applying the breathing technique that she has her patients do when she needles to my shots so I started doing that last night, again this morning and then again tonight and it has really helped with relaxing as well as dealing with the menopain. It's a quick inhale through the nose and quick exhale through the mouth (if you are a counter its one in and one out). I figured out that the menopain starts to hurt after the half way point but the combination of breathing and smaller needle has helped tremendously.

I'm still having the "morning skin" issue. I asked the massage therapist at acu and they said it could be edema since it only happens in the morning after sleeping and inactivity for so many hours. I have no idea if this is true or not but it makes sense to me. I'm just glad it's only happening in the morning and not at night when I have the 3 shots.

I decided that we are NOT going to tell my parents anything (hubby takes my lead when it comes to my parents). After reading a few things on the board and talking to my PT/Acu last night I realized that this really is a stressful, vulnerable and private time and there is no need to add any stress to it and regardless of how supportive my parents could possibly be (it's hit or miss) I don't want to deal with having to explain anything or questions or giving my mom the opportunity to think she can but in. I feel much better knowing that I don't have to deal with trying to figure out when and how to tell them. What I will do is wait till we have an outcome and say that they did extensive blood work and found the genetic mutation (blood clotting disorder).

I can't believe it's been a week already. This whole process seems so surreal sometimes. I can't believe we're here, again. I definitely feel like I'm in a better place than I was the first time. It's hard to explain, but in retrospect I now wonder if we rushed into the first IVF. Out of fear, desperation, feeling helpless, trying so hard and hitting obstacle after obstacle after obstacle. I think we felt it was our last resort, which in a way it was/is but maybe we should have waited. Of course there isn't anything we can do about it now.  The good thing is that it gave us hope, I now know I can get pregnant which gives me even more hope for this cycle. I think it also made me realize that it is possible to become attached and love something/someone you don't even know. I never thought I would get attached considering there wasn't even a heartbeat yet, at least not one that we ever got to see/hear. We never made it to the 1st. I had definite PG bloat, I had symptoms, I was super excited yet so scared. I had already begun to talk to my stomach, even if it was just whispers. My family had already started to make sure I took it easy and wouldn't even let my pick up my dog like I always do. If nothing else at least I got to experience that once. Over a year later and it still hurts. I do think I need to get it out though although not right now. It's late and I need to get some sleep.


Any side effects or anything I can blame attribute to the meds?
Emotional: Far more clear headed than earlier in the week. Still slightly snippy but nothing horrible. Teensy bit emotional but again nothing out of control.
Physical: Tummy tenderness to touch is increasing, more so on the left but still nothing horrible. No bloating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I will try to reply back to you in the same post if you ask a question.