It's still early but so far I've had 2 doses of MD Lupron in less than 12 hours and no side effects. I'm HYPER sensitive to all medications and after reading some of the posts on the boards I'm a little afraid of what might happen. Later tonight hubby will give me another dose of the MD Lupron and then we add the Menopur and Follistim.
I'm so glad to have him giving me the shots. I'm not afraid of needles at all but there is just something about having to stick myself that I can't do. Not seeing the needle go in really helps. I'm just too visual of a person plus the one time I tried to do my own shots I did everything you could possibly do wrong WRONG. We now laugh about it but at the time it was a train wreck.
I've decided to do a shot count down, although now that I've written it out it seems like a lot. Until my u/s on Thursday I have the following number of shots left - 16.
3 tonight
4 tomorrow
4 Tuesday
5 Wednesday (because of the left over from 1 follistim vial and then starting a new vial)
Any side effects or anything I can blame attribute to the meds?
Emotional: same, no change yet
Physical: nothing
Update. We just finished the evening shots. I iced for about 40 minutes (unintentionally). After reading something on one of boards about Menppur I told hubby to do the shot slowly. We now know that does NOT work for me, I totally felt it more so tomorrow he's going to go a little faster. I definitely felt the Menopur more than the other 2 shots. I think the Follistim is the one that hurts the least, mainly because I feel the other 2 actually release the meds. So far I survived 1 full day of shots. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
Oh and for anyone who may be reading my blog. PLEASE feel free to post comments, I would love to know if any of this is helping you, or if you have questions or anything. Also I will put this out there now, I swear a lot in my blogs so if that offends you then this may not be the place for you. Here's to day 3.
Can Essential Oils help with fertility?
11 years ago

Hi!
ReplyDelete(It's me SaraM from our online group)
I just started reading your blog after connecting with you on line :-) Although our paths to IVF are different, your experiences make me feel not so alone. I am so grateful for every post, comment etc... because this journey is not one my husband and I share with many people in our everyday lives. It can be isolating and so I am happy to have your company. I too suffered a CP and underestimated the impact until my sister-in-law got pregnant by accident and I found myself crying in a bar bathroom after attempting to make myself feel better with a girls night out...yeah right! If you ever need to talk please do not hesitate, what you are going through now is shared by many. I really am here for you :-)
SaraM
Thank you for the comment SaraM, you're my very first comment on this blog :). I never realized how hard the CP hit me until I had a completel melt down a month later while getting ready to go to a friend's baby shower and a friend who has also struggled with IF. Someitmes I still feel like I havne't really mourned. I think because it was so soon, ther wasn't ever a 1st u/s or heartbeat but I got attached and I still remember the day I found out and how I felt for that short time and the minute it was over. I still get teary. I can't even imagine what it must be like for some women who mc further along. The accidental PG is always the hardest to take because it seems to always be someone who doesn't even want a child. I really appreciate your comment and sharing your experience with me. Finding that forum has been a livesaver! :) I look forward to getting to know more about you.
ReplyDelete